On Thu, 14 Jan 1999, stuart wrote:

> But the original question was is there a searchable archive.  Can the
> archive at U.Washington be easily searched by topic or key word or some
> combination of key words?

I don't think so.  It's a pretty inflexible archive.  It's organized by
month, so if you request an archived file, you'll get an entire month's
worth of P2 in one email with a buncha computer gobbledygook between each
message.  I use the archive only when I'm desperate.  I don't have any
objections to someone like Jamie building a better archive, but if he's
gonna put it out on the web, he should definitely heed the wishes of
fellow P2ers and make it password-protected.  I think that should work
just fine for most folks here.--don