"Hill, Christopher J" wrote:

> It's debatable, but I'd say he doesn't WANT to repeat himself,
> and if that means no more short punk songs, or acoustic
> hearttuggers full of brilliant images & lyrics, then who are we
> as fans to say no?  Sure, I'll miss them, and I might play _Tim_
> more than _Suicaine Gratification_, but I'll always be there day of
> release, cash in hand.   If he's willing to suffer sales to follow his
> muse, so be it.

After listening to "Suicaine" several times, my problems is not that he's not
"rocking out" or writing "'Mats type songs", my problem is that he seems on
auto-pilot:  mention a disability like dyslexia (this time it's autism), put the
words "rock and roll (fill in the blank)" in a couple of songs, and you're done.

I guess he always will seem like the gifted kid in class who (in everyone else's
perceptions) never lives up to his potential (whatever that is).  I'm not sure if
that's completely fair to him (or US!)

Still, I'll remain a fan, but I'll be more excited if he does another Grandpaboy
record.

John Holcomb