Don Yates wrote:

>As you can see from the list of artists above, hard country is
>predominantly male (but not necessarily so).  The ideal listening
>environment for hard country is while sitting alone in a bar (preferably
>smoky and dimly lit), or, second-best, alone somewhere else.<g>--don

Ooooh, fighting words there <g>   I can't tell you how many times I've heard
"Stand By Your Man  and most recently "Blue" on barroom jukeboxes.   May I
add most quarters were submitted by men?  Lately I've seen men submit to the
jukebox  for "You're Still The One" and "This Kiss".  Admit it, dammit - you
guys are absolute suckers  for
a pretty face and a line which doesn't slam you to the ground with
femininist power <g>   It's been a long time since I've heard George Jones
on a jukebox.
Tera