<< I suggested, of the male artists:  Vince, George Strait, Alan Jackson.  Of
 the female artists:  Reba, Pattly Loveless, Trisha Yearwood. >>

Of the above, I'll vote for Vince and Strait. And I'll add to the list Dolly,
maybe that barefoot Carter gal, the Dixie Chicks and most anyone Weisberger
recommends. Hell, I even like some of Shania's stuff, but that might be just
because I think of her belly button every time I hear 'em. Personally, I can't
stand Reba. Her overdramatic songs make me nearly as nauseas as those of
Celine Dion. And mostly, let's not forget the future of mainstream country,
Allison Moorer. Her star is rising, and quick. Plus, of all the artists
mentioned above, she is the *only* one that *really* hits me like I need to be
hit. All the others are more like: well it's good for mainstream country, you
know?

Done with monster deadline (woo hoo), but gotta go clean up cat puke,

Neal Weiss