>Just picked up a 2-LP set entitled All The Best Of Johnnie And Jack for $5;
>original versions, all.
>
>Tracks:
>>
>Yow!
>Jon Weisberger

Yeah, yow. I picked up the "Greatest Hits by Johnnie & Jack" cassette tape
sold on the Kitty Wells website, and it's not as good a selection as that
record!  The Bear Family Johnnie & Jack box is definitely more of 'em than
I'd want, poisonally,  but at least this one Jon's found has got "Don't Let
the Stars get in Your Eyes," which their own choice tapoe doesn't have!
(I've just gotta stick with that old Perry Como record, eh!)
Why don't they put it ona disc, anyhow!

PS: On my recent very quick trip to the UK, I found  a pretty good single
disc Charlie pride best of on BMG, a Hank Locklin with hits and
standards--and, oh yeah. my own copy of the new complete Townes Van Zandt
at Old Town CD 2 fer and the very gurroovy Sir Douglas Quintet Crazy Cajun
2-disc set.

Barry M