Rebecca writes:

>I bought a Merle Haggard box set a few months ago and have greatly
>enjoyed it.  I recently saw in the Globe that he is coming to the Boston
>area in a couple of months and am wondering if he is worth going to
>see.  What do you guys think?  Anyone seen him recently?  Would I be
>wasting my time/money?
>
>Thanks for any and all feedback,
>rebecca

     Well, I saw him up in Concord, New Hampshire in June and thought it
was a terrific show.  The show was primarily a hits package, though he
pulled out a couple of Bob Wills songs, too.  Merle is in fine voice and
has a top-notch band.  Well worth the time and money.
                                --Jon Johnson
                                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                   Wollaston, Massachusetts