I bought MOJO today (after the P2 recommendations) and wow, so much
alt.country in it I can't believe it!

We have:

Kelly Willis review of 'What I Deserve' (a good one too)

Steve Earle & The Del McCoury Band review of 'The Mountain' (and I quote
- "If you're a Steve Earle fan and you like Bluegrass, guaranteed this
record will make you come" - ?!!)

What Happening In Americana small section (including info on Hot Club Of
Cowtown, Butch Hancock and others)

Americana Album Of The Month (Dave Alvin 'Blackjack David')

Gillian Welch & David Rawlings gig review at the Aberdeen Music Hall
("The hall is only about half full when they open with Tear My
Stillhouse Down, and as the song draws to a close, a couple near the
front get up from their seats and head back to the bar.")

*And* Scotty Moore is coming to Southampton. Yippee! Can anyone tell me
what to expect?

Louise
--

If you like rocking country music, check out the Okeh Wranglers web site
at:

http://dspace.dial.pipex.com/bluesmoke