> Tommy Miller wrote: <If you are interested, Steve Earle won the
> Gibson Award
> for Best Male Acoustic Guitar Player.  Seems like it was about a year ago
> when I said I thought Steve was one of the best guitar players in country
> music.  I got flammed big time. Jon W. from Kentucky really disagreed with
> me. Oh well, nice to see someone finally agrees with me.>
>

> I think Del McCoury agrees with you too. On the Sessions At West 54th
> program this weekend he was gushing over Steve as a rhythm guitar
> player in the Bluegrass idiom.  So there you go.

Well....Del said Earle was a good guitar player.  Whether that's gushing, or
whether that translates to "one of the best guitar players in country
music," never mind *the* best (male) acoustic guitar player is open to
interpretation.

Jon Weisberger  Kenton County, KY [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://home.fuse.net/jonweisberger/