Every now and then, I have the good fortune of being sent a tape copy of a
new release by a friend in the business.  My incredible fortune this time
around was hearing a copy of Scottie Sparks' self-titled  cd.
Very good  bluegrass, reminiscent of  Clinch Mountain Country, yet Sparks'
vocals transcend the high, lonesome sound to another plane of heart-felt
emotion.  Great tunes, "Midnight Storm", "In My Arms Instead Of In My
Memory", "Highway Of Regret" and "Old Railroad Track" melds old-timey
bluegrass with a distinctive modern sound.  Some good musicianship here
also...Aubrey Haynie, Barry Bales, Dan Tyminski.
Definitely worth checking out .
Tera