> The real evil in all this is, as Cheryl Cline has pointed out many times,
> that twang-hating reviewers can pretty easily perpetuate their biases for
> anyone who wants to read them, and keep the music ghettoized and hidden in
> basements, back rooms, off the radio, and out of the house.
>
> Will Miner

Isn't that the fault of the publication, as well?  I have my own
pet peeve with the Rocket and the Stranger (Seattle freebies),
where some reviews contain more cooler-than-thou criticisms than
actual commentary on the music - Joe Ehrbar, in particular, who
wrote a two line review of a band ("My 17 year old sister likes
them.  Enough said.") - sadly, it makes me look upon the
publications as entertainment over music journalism.  I guess I'd
rather read a review than a criticism.

Chris