> Pshaw. Since when does the press have any real impact on radio playlists?
> (Don't get me started on my exercise-in-futility rant about being a
> journalist.) I'd be curious to know how much Allison Moorer, the last
great
> country critical darling, has benefited from her press. Anyone?
I'd say both Allison and Kelly are benefiting, at least marginally, from the
heavy press as they have both garnered appearances on the Opry and other
notable media/TV outlets like Letterman et al.  The one place the press is
unable to effect seems to be at mainstream country radio and that is IMO
(and many others here) the narrow minded pinhead programmers and
consultants.  A very few brave souls in major markets have dared to buck the
consultants and have not only started spinning Mandy and Allison but are now
reaching back for some Possum, Conway and other "classic country" artists.
The Richmond VA (market 56) station "The River" has a TV ad running which
segues from Tall Tall Trees to He Stopped Loving Her Today,  showing their
willingness to dig a little deeper.  In addition, the little bitty AM
country station playing a lot of hard core twang and virtually no HNC, in
Richmond, has seen a 150% growth in share while the HNC has seen a 40%
decline over the last 6 months.
Mike Hays
http://www.TwangCast.com  TM  RealCountry  24 X 7
Please Visit Then let us know what you think!

Mike Hays www.MikeHays.RealCountry.net
For the best country artist web hosting, www.RealCountry.net