I was using POPFile which is an extremely robust filtering system, but it
does take a bit of technical knowledge to set it up.  I found a great OS
resource page at http://www.artz-net.de/popfile/  POPFile is free. And runs
in the background as a system service via Perl.

I am actually back to Entourage for the moment (need everything in one place
to sync to Palm) and am using SpamSieve which works via an AppleScript
action which I imagine would be easy to modify for PowerMail.  You can find
the app at http://www.c-command.com/.  It's $20.  I have found so far that
the filtering is not as strong (at least in the first couple of days) as
POPFile but still very good.

I am a licensed user of SpamFire as well and I was tired of double checking
my mail, clearing certain people and scoring things.  SpamSieve runs with
less overhead, both system and mental.

--
"I stopped for breakfast at the International House of Pan-
cakes. As soon as you walk into the restaurant you catch