I appreciate that comparison and I agree in general. But it would also depends
on the informatics program goals. That is, if it is more computing science,
more engineering, more IS, and so on.

Possibly, it is because of such a lack of agreement about an alternative first
language that Java is still being used as a first language in so many
informatics programs. So, we will continue to be ruled by a minority (if it is
a minority). :-)

regards
alberto