I always begin with an apology for my ignorance for being self-taught. Using
VFP-6.0 I have a plant database in which I was able to store 1 small photo
of each plant in a general field (1st mistake). Now I have a garden
directory of photos .jpg's. by year. C:/Garden/2004..2012. etc. file names
are like 2005-05-weepingWhiteSpruce.jpg. So I know I need to make an
instance table.  Something like . Plant_idNo, fileLocation, instanceNo. My
over all goal is to be able to call up slide shows by plant, by year, and so
on. I reduced the photo sizes to small 4x4, medium 7x5.5, and large 10x7.5.
Can anyone start me in the correct direction. I need to probably add a date
field and possibly a location field within the garden. I am dreading the
task of logging in 1,000 plus photos this way with some photos being mixed
like a butterfly-weed with the white spruce in background.

The ultimate goal, my mother of 91 yr., is a legend in Nebraska gardening
and has 2,000 plus slides pics, and she gives talks on gardening over so
many topics. I could see a big media drive with photos indexed by topics.
plant zones, water needs, color, height, care and so on. I want her legend
to live much further. UNL (Lincoln) Library is going to have a Gladys
Jeurink Gardening section as she is willing her reference books to them. She
and another gentleman write a weekly article on gardening which I archive at
http://www.shopgi.com/gardening.htm

Thanks guys your advice has always kept me moving forward.

Gary Jeurink

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---