There are many virtual PDF printers out there. What are you using?
I am using the free one called PDF Creator.

What if you re-install your virtual PDF printer?

What version of Windows was your VFP report printing applicaton using?

What if you don't use embedded fonts? Did you mis-spell the font name?
Courier should be a very common font in most OSes, so there should not be
a need to use embedded fonts.

--
 .~. Might, Courage, Vision. SINCERITY!
/ v \ 64-bit Ubuntu 9.10 (Linux kernel 2.6.39.3)