On 2015-02-26 13:23, Malcolm Greene wrote:
Anyone using a standup desk? Would appreciate hearing about your
experience ... pros, cons, tips ... do you use for specific type of
activities and avoid for others?

Also looking for recommendations regarding standup and adjustable
height desks.

Thanks! Malcolm

Malcolm,

I use an adjustable stand up desk. One day I was moving some boxes about and ended up bulging a disc in my lower back. With a good SOT chiropractor, and a teeter hang up I'm back to no pain. The adjustable I use allows me to stand up a good portion of the day. I used boxes and a shelf from a book case across them to stand up before getting the adjustable desk. Having the keyboard and mouse at the same level was a blessing. I didn't lift my monitors up, just pointed them up some days, not everyday.

The company owners didn't like the look of the boxes, so they offered me a couple of options. This is the one I selected.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JI6NCCK/ref=s9_simh_gw_p147_d0_i4?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0QE4PDQM1BQRR2WJAEJF&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1688200382&pf_rd_i=507846#

or

http://tinyurl.com/pg8hue8

I ended up buying a good pair of running shoes to stand at the desk for 70% of the day. Good arch support is a requirement.

I have two monitors on a stand. If a monitor isn't balanced well, firm typing will cause it to shake. I didn't get a level out, but that seems to be what I ended up doing.

(and for those interested in what SOT means: http://thefamilydoctordc.com/about-chiropractic/sot/)

HTH,
Tracy