Hi,

while i never have seen this error before, i'm afraid i can't also give you the essential clue how to fix or come arround it. :-( Perhaps you can provide me with some additional information about your environment, i.e. which OS you use, and if you've probably have installed your own Python-compiler, which might run in difficulties with the one, shipped with ProTeXt.

To come to a running TeX-system beside of it, you might try to install the single parts of the system manually. You'll find the corresponding setup- and install-routines in the subdirs:

MiKTeX: for the TeX-engine, and

TeXstudio: for the editor.

Beside this, there are some installation instructions in Install and additional TeX-concerning documents in doc.

Hope this might help - Thomas