I've just checked in a change to ptolemy.vergil.actor.ActorController
so that if a port contains a parameter named "_showInfo", then the
value of that parameter will be shown in Vergil next to the port.
If you want a string value, you can instatiate a StringParameter named
"_showInfo" in the port.

I can't figure out where in our docs such a capability should be
documented.  Suggestions Christopher?

Edward