I am using the latest ptolemy from the head of the CVS.  The model that
i was using to test it should be attached to the first message i sent
out.  If you didn't receive the attachment, it can be found here:
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.soft-sys.ptolemy/browse_frm/thread/b23a3fea9fe84177?hl=en

As for what i am trying to do... I was trying to see if it would be
possible to make a mutation at run time inside of the opaque composite
actor without requiring the whole workflow to stop.  I was thinking that
the opaque composite actor might localize the stopping to occur only
inside of the composite actor.  As i have been investigating this more,
it looks like requestChange() is recursively ran on parent containers.
As a result this is bubbled up toward the top container running
stopFire() at each composite actor container .  So it looks like this
may not work. =/

What i am really trying to do is at run time pick an actor(atomic or
composite) to be used in a specific location of my workflow.
Additionally i need to also ensure that the concurrency from the PN
domain is maintained in the composite actors.  I have tried the
ModelReference and RunCompositeActor from ptolemy.actors.lib.hoc.  These
work alright, but there are issues such as synchronous token transfers
of the input and output ports of these actors that make them infeasible
to use with my PN workflows.

I am continuing to explore new options, however I am not really sure if
my goal here is obtainable...  Any thoughts?

Nick