I think we can have some fun with the recent High Court decision on citizenship and
allegiances to foreign powers.

Let us all assume that all Australians who were born before we had a Queen of
Australia still have allegiance to the Queen of
England. The High Court might rule in the future that we are not full Australians.

So how do we fix this? Simple, all Australians of voting age should follow the
procedure for renouncing their allegiance to Betty
Windsor (Queen of England) and proclaim their allegiance to the Queen of Australia (I
think her name is also Betty Windsor).

See you at the next citizenship ceremony!

Bruce Welch
Marrickville

21 Thompson Street

9569.9928 (h)      9560.5100 (w)