Hi Egon,

A minor point:

You've created URIs such as http://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/#297 and http://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/#cid

Generally, it is considered better to mint URIs in a namespace you control or with which you have an agreement. Have you worked with Pubchem and do they sanction these URIs?

The downside of using URIs that are controlled by someone else is that you preclude the possibility of supplying meaningful behavior upon dereferencing these URIs. So according the the current recommendations, it is desirable that for a # uri, if one dereferences the URI before the #, with content negotiation set to ask for rdf, then one retrieves some rdf within which one would find further statements about the URI in question.

However if you ask:

wget -S --header='Accept: application/rdf+xml' http:// pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/

You will see that you don't get rdf/xml. Changing that would require the cooperation of pubchem, hence my advised practice.

Similarly, the property iupac:inchi is an html page about inchis, but is used in your rdf as a property name. There are two issues here. 1) What sort of thing is iupac:inchi? We generally want to have a URI denote a single thing 2) Same issue as with pubchem. If you dereference http://www.iupac.org/inchi/ you won't get information about the property, like its domain and range.

There are reasonable alternatives to convey the same information - I'd be glad to discuss them if you are interested in doing so. Certainly the links to blog posts about the compounds are a unique and valuable contribution!

Regards,

-Alan