Hi Michel,

The work HCLS is doing is open to anyone in the HCLS community. The best way to influence the process, for the better, is to take some time and participate in it. We've had several phone calls, publicly announced. We will have more. Have you joined any of them? There's also a number of wiki pages, and the invitation to add more material so that there is more to work with.

Regarding the goals of the report. It is a recommendation on URI usage. I don't know exactly what it will contain (since that's something that's being worked on) but I won't rule out recommendations on URI schemes. Whether or not that happens would depend on the participants thinking it would be a good idea or not. I am, personally, not very interested in only giving a neutral history URI schemes, or only saying what the problem is, even though I expect that this sort of analysis will be part of the report. The larger HCLS community is interested in making some progress on this, and there are frequent calls for specific recommendations, and there a set of requirements driven by a mixture of existing applications, past experience with what has worked and not worked, and general principles of web architecture.

We are ignoring no discussions, but can't be held responsible if we advertise an open process and interested parties don't show up.

Regards,
Alan

http://esw.w3.org/topic/HCLSIG_BioRDF_Subgroup/Tasks/URI_Best_Practices