Hi Renato,

On 05/13/2014 08:55 PM, Renato Iannella wrote:

On 14 May 2014, at 00:54, David Booth <da...@dbooth.org> wrote:

I was at the HL7 meetings last week, and the idea arose of
proposing an HL7 work group on RDF for Semantic Interoperability.
I took the initiative to draft a possible charter.

Have you considered operating this as a W3C Community Group (easy to
start, more SW input..etc). And when there are some more concrete
deliverables, take them to HL7 (or elsewhere) for official
"standardisation".

I think a key motivation is to start engaging the HL7 community on this. I think the existing W3C HCLS group has done a good job in the W3C community, but I personally think it would be very helpful to start raising the visibility within HL7. That's my take anyway. I don't know if others might see it differently.

Oh, I should have said, this is intended to be a HL7-W3C collaboration. EricP was explaining on the call today that usually there are intellectual property (IP) policy issues in collaborating between standards organizations, but HL7 happens to have essentially the same IP policy as W3C, so we don't have that barrier in this case.

David