|>> If your doing benchmarking with puppet
|>> try:
|>>
|>> # puppetd -t --summarize
|>>
|>> Really helpful.
|> Interesting.  Any reason why this option is not documented in puppetd
|> -h?  I'm using 0.24.8 FWIW.
|
| Unfortunately, there is more than just this argument which is not
| implemented. Here is some of them:
|
| . centrallogging
| . no-splay
| . show_diff
|
| Those ones are visible in puppetd man page, but not explicit list in
| OPTIONS section:
|
| . no-usecacheonfailure
| . ignorecache
| . tags
|
| Mainly, all options, settable in puppet.conf configuration file are
| supported on command-line.
| You can see all of them here:
|
| /usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/puppet/defaults.rb
|
| 'puppetmasted' and 'puppet' command also supports much more args
it is
| explained in its help page.

See http://reductivelabs.com/trac/puppet/wiki/ConfigurationReference

Every Puppet executable (generally) accepts all configuration
options but some are obviously not appropriate.  For particular
executables we try to document key options in the man page or --help
output but not every possible option.

If you think one or other option SHOULD be documented in there
please free to suggest it or submit a patch.

Thanks

James Turnbull

- --
Author of: