On Fri, 10 Dec 2010 11:43:59 +0100
Felix Frank wrote:

> > nodes.pp
> > nodea {
> >     $root_passwd=serviceA
> >     include common_defaults
> > }
> >
> > nodeb {
> >     include common_defaults
> > }
>
> Hi,

> could you be a little less cryptic about the node definitions? (I
> understand there may be privacy issues, but the above is censored too
> drastically.)
> Is it possible they overlap in some way?

Each node has its own classes, and they share 3, but only one
(that one) has a variable. So, each node have other includes,
but they don't overlap, diff services, diff classes.

We could simply as my previously example.
is the selctor correct?

           password        => $root_password ? {
              'serviceA'    => 'passwdA',
              default   => 'passwdB',
     },

I mean, the default has any sense? if not default but ''?
because if that selcetor should work, the problem is somewhere else and
we must carefully check our includes.

> Cheers,
> Felix
Cheers,