Hi John,

I was just wondering what the plan for GIO/GVFS is. Will it live in pygtk, pygobject, pygnomevfs or somewhere else?

The obvious place for GIO bindings is in pygobject. It could also be made
external, but it would depend on pygobject.

Is there currently work underway, or anything I can do to help?

Nobody are working on bindings for GIO, at least not publicly.
GVFS is just additional modules without extra API as far as I know, so there would be no need for specific bindings, the GIO ones would be enough.

Johan