Maciej Sieczka wrote:

Please get rid of any QGIS components completely (apt-get remove --purge
or "remove completely" in Synaptic, then inspect the folders QGIS had
their components in and get rid of leftovers if there are any).

Then install 0.11 and see how this works. In my 0.11 installation the
srs.db seems OK - and tbl_srs is not empty.

[1]http://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/browser/branches/Release-0_11_0/resources/srs.db?format=raw

Hello,

after purging all qgis-related packages via aptitude purge I had to delete the following files manually, what I did:

/etc/ld.so.conf.d/qgis.conf
/home/albin/.qgis
/home/albin/.config/QuantumGIS/qgis.conf
/home/albin/.qgis/qgis.db
/usr/lib/qgis
/usr/lib/qgis/libqgis_core.so
/usr/lib/qgis/libqgis_gui.so

After that, I did an aptitude install qgis, which installed the following packages:

libgdal1-1.4.0-grass libqgis-core0.11 libqgis-gui0.11 python-qgis qgis qgis-plugin-grass

And, voila! The projections now appear! Everything works as expected now. It seems that under certain circumstances (as I said in an mail earlier today, on another machine everything worked from the beginning, but where also old versions of qgis were installed...) old qgis-files bring some troubles...

Thank you!
Best wishes from Austria,
Albin