Craig Leat wrote:
Alex:
Even with proprietary apps, I always create a ps of pdf file before
sending to the plotter. I have yet to meet a graphic intensive program
that doesn't require this, in order to have sane printing times free of
errors.

This is an interesting suggestion. Do you always create the ps file
because your plotter supports ps directly? If the plotter doesn't
contain an inbuilt ps interpreter are there any advantages to sending
a ps file to the plotter?

Has anyone any experience with converting to the HPGL2 language and
sending those files to a DesignJet instead of ps?

Any further advice appreciated,

I don't currently have a "state-of-the-art" HP DesignJet, but all I've used in the recent past had a de facto requirement to do this. Simply sending HPGL output to the plotters I've used for anything over a B sized drawing would have all sorts of interesting patchworks on it. Sending a pdf or PS file would work every time.

I am supposed to be getting my hands on a new, better plotter soon, and I'll report back on its performance.

gerry
--
Gerry Creager -- gerry.crea...@tamu.edu
Cell: 979.229.5301 Office: 979.458.4020 FAX: 979.862.3983