On Tue, Mar 09, 1999 at 10:04:56AM -0800, Aaron L. Meehan wrote:
> This would be the same feature supplied in the popbull patch to
> qmail-pop3d available on the qmail.org web site(s).  Namely,
> the ability to send a mail bulletin to all users without the need to
> deliver a unique message to each mailbox.  I find it quite useful.

[ssnip]

> > can you describe the feature?

[ssnip]

I think the following is worth posting to make the idea really clear:

-----
4.3) How does bulletins work :
    During POP session after the authentication by user, server
    copies the bulletins placed in the BULLDIR in to the users
    message spool. Server would figure out the last bulletin
    read by user by placing under users home directory ~/.popbull
    the last bulletin number read. Any bulletin in the BULLDIR
    with number greater than the one in ~/.popbull would
    be copied to users message spool.
----

it works for qpopper, what`s about qmail`s popper - can it do that way too?
Or it will send to new user old bulls too?
Oh! on systems with no homedirs it is possible to keep a DB of user:latest
bull recieved ...

Pashah
--
        http://www.spb.sitek.net/~pashah/public-key-0x97739141.pgp