Hi Russ,
In fact I need qmail just forwards single message to remote addresses to
"smart relay" and sends local as it does now.
I think I must rewrite qmail-send but I'm not sure I succeed.

BTW, that is better behaviour for MTA in case with "smart relay".

If you have interest your help is welcome!

Iavor Trapkov