David Harris <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes on 17 July 1999 at 13:23:30 -0400

 > David Dyer-Bennet [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] wrote:

 > > What happened was that the mail was *accepted*, and then bounced

 > Can't anybody simply send mail to a bogus address on your machine and cause a
 > bounce? I don't see the problem here...

Yes, people can do that.  I think they can even put a gazillion bogus
addresses all on my machine and get me a separate double bounce for
each one.  It's still a problem -- but one *more* way to do it isn't a
problem, I agree.
--
David Dyer-Bennet                                              [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.ddb.com/~ddb (photos, sf) Minicon: http://www.mnstf.org/minicon