<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>So any other suggestions on what I can do to speed this thing up or should
>I just go back to sendmail?

No, don't go back to sendmail*. At least try Postfix first.

Whether or not you should give up on qmail depends upon how hard
you're willing to work on figuring out what the problem is.

>Another hint is that I'm using the Bruce Guentner rpm's.  Is there
>something with those rpm's that would cause a slow down?

With all due respect and credit to the RPM producers, I really think
you're better off blowing everything qmail-related away and installing
from the tarball using the directions in "Life with qmail":

    http://Web.InfoAve.Net/~dsill/lwq.html#installation

-Dave

*: sounds like a Weird Al parody based on an REM tune. :-)