> On Sun, 03 Oct 1999, Eric Dahnke wrote:
> > Someone will scold me for this post, but would appreciate any thoughts:
> >
> > A T1 would be ~ 80% utilized passing 22,000msgs/hr if the average msg
> > size was 23K.
> >
> > Thx
>
> You're not taking into account how the router will handle the traffic. You can
> compress data at the router, which can give significant performance gains. e.g.
> using stac compression on a Cisco

Thanks all for the responses. There was a wide variation in replies (due
to subjunctivity of the post), but there were a few replies which seemed
to say ya -- 23K, 22,000 msgs/hr = 80% T1 utilization -- that sounds
about right. Can I assume I was more or less on with my original
assumption.

Regards, Eric