On Sat, Oct 23, 1999 at 06:13:19PM -0400, Peter Green wrote:
> We would like to set up a subdomain on our system, say, 'fwd.example.com'.
> When mail gets sent to [EMAIL PROTECTED], it gets rewritten to
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] (along with some other headers) and resent.

The forward-all-to-another-domain-alternative
This is when you want to forward <anything>@nowhere.mil to
<anything>@elsewhere.co.za, i.e. when every forward goes to
the same "otherhost".

Put "nowhere.mil:alias-nowhere" into virtualdomains.

Then put this line into ~alias/.qmail-nowhere

| forward ${DEFAULT}@elsewhere.co.za

Now will all mail be forwarded to the domain elsewhere.co.za.
Every username will however be intact.
If you want to override this for just some user, then create an own
.qmail-file for just that alias, e.g. .qmail-nowhere-support, and put
your own forward in there.

See further in my textmaterial for a virtual domain cookbook:

http://x42.com/qmail/doc/

--
magnus
        -- MOST useless 1998 * http://x42.com/