On Thu, Feb 03, 2000 at 08:26:33AM -0600, Charles Cazabon wrote:
> If I remember correctly, Bruce Guenter wrote a patch to allow one of the
> loggers to do exactly this, by having it close and reopen its log upon
> receipt of a HUP or some such signal.  However, I don't remember if it was
> multilog or cyclog he patched, and I can't seem to find the info quickly
> on his website at the moment.
>
> It's at http://www.em.ca/~bruceg/ if anyone else cares to look.

Close, but not quite.  I just wrote a whole new logger that writes to a
single file instead of a directory.  On HUP it reopens its log file, so
you could do a nightly logrotate on it.  It's the "qfilelog" part of the
qlogtools in:
        http://em.ca/~bruceg/qlogtools/
I should probably put this up seperately.
--
Bruce Guenter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                       http://em.ca/~bruceg/