On Wed, Sep 20, 2000 at 06:13:39PM -0500, Brice Ruth wrote:

> This would make sense, wouldn't it?  But, it doesn't work :(
>
> I'm using tcprulescheck with a file that looks like this:
>
> .domain.net:allow,RELAYHOST=" "
> :deny
>
> and the response I get from tcprulescheck with TCPREMOTEHOST set to
> host.domain.net is:
>
> rule :
> deny connection

>From the tcprules page on DJB's site:

tcpserver looks for rules with various addresses:

1) $TCPREMOTEINFO@$TCPREMOTEIP, if $TCPREMOTEINFO is set;
2) $TCPREMOTEINFO@=$TCPREMOTEHOST, if $TCPREMOTEINFO is set and
   $TCPREMOTEHOST is set;
3) $TCPREMOTEIP;
4) =$TCPREMOTEHOST, if $TCPREMOTEHOST is set;
5) shorter and shorter prefixes of $TCPREMOTEIP ending with a dot;
6) shorter and shorter suffixes of $TCPREMOTEHOST starting with a dot,
   preceded by =, if $TCPREMOTEHOST is set;
7) =, if $TCPREMOTEHOST is set; and finally
8) the empty string.

It sounds to me like you want #6.

Ben

--
Ben Beuchler                                         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
MAILER-DAEMON                                         (612) 321-9290 x101