On Wed, Sep 20, 2000 at 06:18:13PM -0700, Denis Petrov wrote:
> I installed tarpiting patch from Chris Johnson, at least I think I did, I
> am not sure what to do next.
>       I am not sure about syntax of the control/tarpitdelay and
> control/tarpitcount. Do those files get created after I install the patch if
> they are I did not install it right, but if I create those files manually
> what do i put in them just numbers that I choose.

You create the files manually, and yes, they do just contain numbers. For
example:

# echo 10 > /var/qmail/control/tarpitcount
# echo 5 > /var/qmail/control/tarpitdelay

This would give you a 5-second delay for every recipient after the tenth.

>     How do I verify that is working. I know only first part telnet on port
> 25
> HELO
> MAIL FROM :<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> RCPT TO:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> what would be next steps?

Add some more RCPT TOs, at least one more than your tarpitcount. If you notice
a delay, it's working.

Chris