I hate to rant, and I know that the it says to read the FAQ and documentation,
etc., before posting, but wouldn't it have been easier than writing the complete
response to just give him the answer, and even if you didn't know the answer, not
comment at all and let someone who does, give the answer.

It's so much easier than the "treat someone like an idiot and tell them to
RTFM" approach.  Someone asks in ignorance and you smack him down.  The fact of
the matter is that there is SO much information available to the qmail community
and it's not well organized, I'm surprised we don't see more of these questions.
It's a known flaw to open source (ok, so this is flame bait, but it's true, and I
support open source).

Sorry, just my $0.02

Charles Cazabon wrote:

> Gary Richardson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > I am trying to use a dot-qmail file called .qmail-clayton.cottingham and it
> > seems that qmail can't handle files with dots in them. It works fine without
> > the dot. Is this true?
>
> It's documented, so it must be true.
>
> > How can I make it work?
>
> Read any of the numerous qmail FAQs, or the man page for dot-qmail.  Pay
> particular attention to the "Extension Addresses" section.
>
> Charles
> --
> Charles Cazabon                            <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> GPL'ed software available at:  http://www.qcc.sk.ca/~charlesc/software/
> Any opinions expressed are just that -- my opinions.

Eric Garff
MyComputer.com System Admin
Our Tools.  Your Site.

Just remember, if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.