On 3/23/07 9:08 AM, "John Peacock" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> <** 535 Authentication failed for  - auth_imap - insufficient credentials
>
> Researching why auth_imap is throwing that error is actually more
> important here.  That string "insufficient credentials" doesn't exist in
> the qpsmtpd code, so it is happening outside of our direct control.  If
> you modified the plugin, we can't help you without seeing what you
> changed.  You should just add a $self->log(LOGDEBUG,...) to display all
> of the parameters passed in to auth_imap() so you can see what is happening.

Skipping $self, the rest of the args passed with 0.31 were:

qpsmtpd[1305]: Qpsmtpd::Transaction=HASH(0x87a2e1c), login, , , ,

Jumping to 0.32, not pulling current svn, the values are passed to the
plugin.

>>  -> AUTH PLAIN THISISCHANGED==
>> <** 500 Unrecognized command
>> *** No authentication type succeeded
>>  -> QUIT
>
> The telnet AUTH PLAIN succeeded when you did it manually because you
> hadn't already failed with AUTH LOGIN.  This isn't how the AUTH
> mechanism is supposed to work; you should be able to try multiple
> methods until one succeeds.  I'm not sure what to say about that, other
> than upgrade to trunk and try again; there was some work done to the
> auth routines after 0.31 was released.

This is the case in 0.32.  I'm not subversion-enabled so I tried pulling
down each of the files from trunk.  The result was, well, dismal.  Could
someone please fling at me a tarball?

Thanks,

peter