Tony L. Svanstrom wrote:
Then forget about the word "security", and let's just say that people might want to have unique IDs that'll be unique even when they've got more than one server and centralized/aggregated logging... But we're not even there right now, "we" are still stuck on how to make the IDs 100% unique within a single server as it might be setup by "any" qpsmtpd-user.

No, that much works, as far as I've been able to prove. It's just a bunch of bikeshed painting going on now :-)

I'd be happy to add a quick hash of the server in.

Matt.