On 30-Aug-07, at 9:34 AM, Guy Hulbert wrote:

On Thu, 2007-08-30 at 09:14 -0400, Matt Sergeant wrote:
 The part of the unique ID meant to identify the server is now

Is this "unique ID" the "transaction ID" we've been discussing.

Yes.

Has someone already implemented it in svn - I thought it was a new
proposal (I'm just a bit confused here) ?

Yes, it's in svn.

focusing on the
OS/computer instead of the instance of qpsmtpd;

Not really. It uses a random salt. So every instance will be
different.

That is not true.  Random numbers do not give unique results.

True enough. But I'm going out on a limb to assume that it's good enough for logging. It's not a security feature.

Matt.