On 02/08/2018 09:14, David Woolley wrote:
On 01/08/18 19:32, David Taylor wrote:
Would I be right in thinking of the "*" line as simply being the offset from that particular server, and the "system" variable as being the offset from some virtual internal clock which ntp has as its best estimate of the correct time (e.g. UTC).

That cannot be correct, as the other side of the comparison is that best estimate of system time and the result would always be zero.

Without digging into the code, my guess is that it is the offset from the weighted average of the last reading from all the true chimers.

Thanks, David.  Weighted average I can accept unless someone knows better.

Web: http://www.satsignal.eu