On 15/07/13 08:57, Spencer Graves wrote:

<SNIP>

You may know that "mixed effects" is another term for "repeated measurements".

<SNIP>

I must of course preface this comment with an "I am no expert" disclaimer, but I do not believe that this assertion is correct. It would be more correct, I believe, to say that repeated measurement models form a particular sub-class of mixed effects models.

Those who *are* experts may well correct me if I am wrong about this.

    cheers,

        Rolf