Hi all,

I have a shiny app, in which I want to use rgl's snapshot function. I am
running Xvfb on my server so that rgl works. I start my shiny app as
follows:

echo "Checking for Xvfb..."
pgrep -U username Xvfb > /dev/null 2>&1

if [ "$?" -gt 0 ]; then
  echo "Starting Xvfb..."
  Xvfb :7 -screen 0 1280x1024x24 &
  sleep 2
fi

echo "...starting shiny"
export DISPLAY=":7"; R --no-save --no-restore -e "library('shiny');
runApp('/path/to/app', port=8101)"

In the app, I do plot3d(), generate webGL and send the results to the
browser. But the rgl.snapshot or rgl.postscript functionality do not work,
i.e. they produce black or empty images. I assume this is due to Xvfb. Any
chance I can create snapshots?

Thanks
Andreas