Hi Dimitri,

Thanks for help,
i knew that way that you have suggested but in fact my case is a little bit
complicated than this,
therefore, i am writing a better explanation now,

my model is trying to see the effect of eco-innovative industries on total
output, thats why i am trying to estimate by-industry regression:
the model is
lnQ~lnC+lnM+lnL+lnE+eco_inno+inno+(sum)ind_3d
capital,material expendtrs, #labor, energy expendtrs, eco-innovation
expenditures and innovation expenditures
and i have in my disposal the 3-digit industry codes where total number of them
are 99 ( not all of them belong to the same industry)
so in order to be able to do by-industry regression i need to create 3-digit
dummies for every different industry group

for example for the 1st group, from 111 to 119  this will be the 1st model to
estimate
then from 131 to 139#another model
then from 141 to 149#another model
so on so forth...
so at the end my aim is to compare the effect of eco-innovations on for these
industry groups.

so if i apply the way you have suggested it will take into account all the
3-digit industries which is not i want.
in fact i know that people create this kind of dummies by using loop since
there are many dummies to create, but i dont know how to do it.

i hope i could be more explicit now, and you could help me more at this time.

Thank you for your help in advance

--------------------------
Serdal,
I think what David is saying: just take those 2 variables you have and
specify them as factors. Assuming your data frame is called "MyData":

MyData$Ind_1<-as.factor(MyData$Ind_1)
MyData$Ind_2<-as.factor(MyData$Ind_2)

This way R will know they are not numeric variables but categorical
variables. Then, when you do analyses using those variables, R will
treat them as such and will build dummies "automatically" (e.g., if
you use regression, etc.).
Actually - it'd be nice to know what you are building your dummies for.

Dimitri