Hi all,

Thanks a lot for anyone's help in advance.

I am trying to find a way to compute the day-to-day return (log return) from
a n x r matrix containing, n different stocks and price quotes over r days.
The time series of prices are already split by using unstack function.

For the result, I would like to see a n x (r-1) matrix, where by each entry
is the day-over-day return of each stock.

I tried to look into the zoo package, however it seems to give only the
plots but not the actual data.

Would apply function work in this case?

Thanks a lot!