Not real data. It was gererated randomly. The original codes are the following:

par(mfrow=c(2,1))
n <- 500

#########################
#DATA GENERATING PROCESS#
#########################
x1  <- rnorm(n,0,1)
x2  <- rchisq(n,df=3,ncp=0)-3
sigma <- 1
u1   <- rnorm(n,0,sigma)
ylatent1 <-x1+x2+u1
y1   <- (ylatent1 >=0)  # create the binary indicator
#######################
#THE Probit Estimation#
#######################
probit<-glm(y1~x1+x2-1, family=binomial(link=probit))
bp<-probit$coef[2]/probit$coef[1]
bp;
I also tried family=quasibinomial. There seems no error message. But the result is
different from what I got from Gauss. For u1 belongs to another distribution (not
normal), the difference is even larger. I used the same data for the comparison.

Thanks a lot!

Steve Sullivan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Is this simulated or actual data?

STS

Steven Sullivan, Ph.D.
Senior Associate