Dear R-help list,

I'm trying to overlay a number of data objects in a plot.  Following an earlier
example on the list I've created an empty plot as follows

> xlim <- range(as.numeric(c("0","10000")))
> ylim <- range(as.numeric(c("0","25")) )
> plot(NA, xlim=xlim, ylim=ylim, xlab="distance", ylab="semivariance")

However when I try to plot something on it, I get the following error:

> points(v[2],v[3])
Error in as.double.default(x) : (list) object cannot be coerced to double

A sample of my data looks like the following V[2]:

       gamma
1   0.040000
2   0.582500
3   1.574545
4   7.126500

and V[3]:

        dist
1   470.0426
2  1045.6365
3  1607.1936

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

Thanks very much,

femke