Anne wrote:
Hello R helpers!
 I'm using the avas function form package acepack (called from areg.boot package
Hmisc)  to estimate automatically transformations of predictors (in this case
monotonous) and response.

Well, it seems to work quite well, but I have 3 basic questions:
- which set of basis functions is used in this procedure?
- how do I back transform my estimate (y hat ) to the originasl scale?

Please read docs for areg.boot. predict.areg.boot does this already, using reverse linear interpolation.

- is there a closed analytical description of the model used? If so, how do I get it?

No

Frank

Thanks a lot Anne

Anne Piotet
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
M-TD Modelling and Technology Development
PSE-C
CH-1015 Lausanne
Switzerland
Tel: +41 21 693 83 98