Hi all.  I'm reading in a flat, comma-delimited flat file using read.csv.
It works marvelously for the most part.  I am using the colClasses argument
to, basically, create numeric, factor and character classes for the columns
I'm reading in.  However, a couple of the fields in the file are date
fields.  I'm fully aware that POSIXct can be used as a class, however the
field must obey, (I think), the standard/default POSIXct format.  Hence the
following question:  Does anyone have a method they can share to read in a
non-standard formatted date to convert to POSIXct?  I can read it in then
convert it, but that's a two pass approach and not as elegant as a single
pass through read.csv.  I've read, from the documentation, that "[o]therwise
there needs to be an as method (from package methods) for conversion from
"character" to the specified formal class" but I do not know and have not
figured out how to do that.

Any suggestion(s) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Charles